Slovak Dress

  • Eve Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
      Helen, I so enjoyed your post. I certainly fell in love with eastern Europe when I saw where my grandparents were born in Hungary. But when I was there I did not realize I was not that far from Liptova where my maternal grandmother was born. (And grandfather? His info still is elusive) Have a blessed wonderful safe trip to Slovakia. We will miss you when you do not post. And look forward to hearing about all of your trip.

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
        Dear Eve,

           Thanks so much for writing. Where did your family come from in Liptov? and what was your elusive grandfather's surname?

        Don't seem to have you listed in the Slovak Pride data base - we have some 28,000 listings of Slovak surnames and villages -

           Everyone is welcome to list their surnames - will be publishing soon.

        helene

        Helen, I so enjoyed your post. I certainly fell in love with eastern Europe when I saw where my grandparents were born in Hungary. But when I was there I did not realize I was not that far from Liptova where my maternal grandmother was born. (And grandfather? His info still is elusive) Have a blessed wonderful safe trip to Slovakia. We will miss you when you do not post. And look forward to hearing about all of your trip.

      • Matchett
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2009
          Helene,

          There's an elderly man from Slovakia who comes to my CZ-SK picnic each
          year. He does not have a computer, but was interested in listing his
          surname.

          How would he go about listing in the Slovak Pride data base? I have
          some old copies of listings that he saw at the picnic. How can he get
          a future copy? Or will this all be available on line?

          Julia Matchett

          On Apr 3, 2009, at 1:51 AM, helene cincebeaux wrote:

          > Dear Eve,
          >
          > Thanks so much for writing. Where did your family come from in
          > Liptov? and what was your elusive grandfather's surname?
          >
          > Don't seem to have you listed in the Slovak Pride data base - we
          > have some 28,000 listings of Slovak surnames and villages -
          >
          > Everyone is welcome to list their surnames - will be publishing
          > soon.
          >
          > helene

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2009
            HI Julie -

            Anyone can list their surnames in the Slovak Pride database - the more the merrier - just e mail or write or call me - all i need is the surname and the village where the person lived if known. My contact info is at the end of this message.

            The Slovak Pride data base is available on line in several places but have an additional 2,500 listings to be added in an update i am working on. Right now have 28,339 listings and the on line ones include surnames from neighboring countries also.

            I am taking orders now for the Slovak Pride book which will carry some 20,000 surnames and corresponding villages only places currently in Slovakia (had to limit due to size and cost constraints). It has designer covers and will include  coats of arms of the old counties or Zupy, some city and village coats of arms, info on historic towns, many photos, engravings, a whimsical baptismal certificate etc.

            the 100 page Slovak Pride book will cost $20 plus $2.50 for postage and handling and publication will be in May or early June.

            if you would like to order one you can contact Helene Cincebeaux directly at helenezx@....

            hope this answers your questions julie. So nice to hear from you - wish i could have been at the picnic!

            helene

            There's an elderly man from Slovakia who comes to my CZ-SK picnic each
            year. He does not have a computer, but was interested in listing his
            surname.

            How would he go about listing in the Slovak Pride data base? I have
            some old copies of listings that he saw at the picnic. How can he get
            a future copy? Or will this all be available on line?

            Julia Matchett

            On Apr 3, 2009, at 1:51 AM, helene cincebeaux wrote:

            > Dear Eve,
            >
            > Thanks so much for writing. Where did your family come from in
            > Liptov? and what was your elusive grandfather' s surname?
            >
            > Don't seem to have you listed in the Slovak Pride data base - we
            > have some 28,000 listings of Slovak surnames and villages -
            >
            > Everyone is welcome to list their surnames - will be publishing
            > soon.
            >
            > helene

          • Ben Sorensen
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2009