Re: [Slovak-World] Zofia Bosniakova

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      This is so sad!!! Zofia Bosnakova was one of some 181 "indestructibles" in the world, people whose bodies never decayed.  She was greatly loved when she lived several hundred years ago as she was so good to the poor. I first saw her years ago when i led a pilgrimage tour -  we found her right out in the open in a side room of the church inTeplicka nad Vahom (n.e. of Zilina) and gross as it sounds people had picked at the skin on her hands - likely taking it to revere as a relic.

      She was wizened but all there but for the hands - the next time we went i was glad to see a plexiglass cover over her body.

      To thnk that now she is gone, history erased, her good works only a memory.

      too terribly sad! and what a great loss for the devout people of the village - the church there is simply gorgeous and spectacular.

      helene

      From: Julie Michutka <jmm@pathbridge. net>
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 11:14 AM

      On Apr 1, 2009, at 9:56 AM, Caye Caswick wrote:

      > Scary, 5 years in prison won't fix what's wrong with that arsonist.

      No, it sounds like he might be mentally ill. A great pity.

      Julie