Re: Euro advantage

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2009
      > your post -I didn't read the article

      Same difference. My post summarized the topic of the article: "the
      currency meltdown in post-communist Central Europe" (not a word about
      the world-wide economic crisis in general you addressed). The article
      said Slovakia was safe from that. The Financial Times broadened its
      opinion of Slovakia in another article today:

      The Financial Times, 2/26, [...] Whatever happens, different countries
      are likely to go through the crisis with widely differing results. At
      one extreme are nations under particularly severe financial pressures,
      headed by Hungary, Latvia and Ukraine, which have secured IMF rescue
      packages. At the other stand Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia,
      a base of relative economic stability in the central European
      heartland. Manfred Wimmer, chief financial officer of Erste Group,
      the Austrian bank with big CEE operations, warns: "What's been lost in
      this crisis very often has been the ability of people to
      differentiate." [...]

      > maybe we will have learned our lesson eh!?

      I doubt it.