Re: [Slovak-World] Our Village... is abandoned???

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2009
      William:

      Here is an old computer geek trick to get your coffee off:

      One night, when you power your computer off, unplug the keyboard from the PC processing unit (the tower of desktop unit).  Take it over the sink & turn it upside down (keys down into the sink).  Spank the keyboard, gently, yet firmly.  You will be surprised how much crud come out: crumbs, dust, dirt, staples, etc.  You can also run warm water over the keyboard.  You can even gently scrub the keyboard w/ a soapy sponge.  But don't use any alcohol or any cleaners, such as 409 or Fantastic.  The solvents may dissolve the letters or characters on the keys.  Being a lazy bachelor, I often run mine through the dishwasher.

      The electric contacts inside most modern keyboards are encased in plastic.  As long as the keyboard is UNPLUGGED, there should not be an issue.  You can leave the keyboard in the drainer overnight, upside down to dry.  Roll it over & let out any water that may have accumulated in the edges in the morning.  To be really thorough, even though I never am, you can dry it w/ a hand-held hair dryer.

      Hope that helps you to restore your 'Ns,' Vilo.