Australian bushfires

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9, 2009
      Further to Amanda's information details are available on the
      Australian national broadcaster at http://www.abc.net.au/news/

      This terrifying stuff when you consider fires are being deliberately
      lit, obviously by mentally deficient people.

      Laskavy Prosim

      Nick
    • Michelle Burke
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2009
        What horrific reports are coming from this region -- I have friends in Australia, but they live in Sydney.  Thank you both for the specific information.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
          How did you fare?

          And is it over now?

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2009
            Chuck, nothing anywhere near me. The really bad fires were the other
            side of the country, just over 200 deaths and lots of property, trees
            and who knows how much livestock and native flora and fauna. It will
            cost millions of $ and take a long time to put back the towns and
            infrastructure. At the same time there were massive floods in the NE
            of Australia,

            get your coins? I have been off line since last Sunday PC crashed.

            regards
            Nick
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
              Glad to hear that your PC has been 'healed.'

              Thanks for the update on the floods & fires. We got snow last night.