Re: Prayer Request

  • George Sirko
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 9, 2009

      I am asking all at Slovak World to pray for my nephew Jim Sirko who lives in Longmont, CO. He has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and will be undergoing treatment for this condition in the near future. Thanks in advance for your prayers and support. God Bless You.
      George Sirko

    • Amanda Lovitt
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 9, 2009
        For those of you who have not seen it on US news:

        Bush Fires in Victoria have claimed almost 200 lives and 1000 homes lost since Saturday.

        They are asking for help in all forms via www.redcross.org.au

        It is on the other side of Australia to where Nick & I live, but even by Australia bush fire standards, this is the worst ever in terms of loss of life.

        If any of you can help in anyway, please do so.

        Take care
        Amanda

        "Go, and with what you have do all the good you can"
        - St Emilie de Vialar

      • PAULA BYRD
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 9, 2009
          George,

          I also live in Longmont, CO and will include your Brother in My Prayers

          Paula

          To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.comFrom: gsirko@...: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 01:42:48 -0800Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Prayer Request

          I am asking all at Slovak World to pray for my nephew Jim Sirko who lives in Longmont, CO. He has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and will be undergoing treatment for this condition in the near future. Thanks in advance for your prayers and support. God Bless You.George Sirko[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • PAULA BYRD
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 9, 2009
            George,

            Sorry I meant your nephew

            To: slovak-world@yahoogroups.comFrom: crazyquilter3@...: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 07:24:10 -0700Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Re: Prayer Request

            George,I also live in Longmont, CO and will include your Brother in My PrayersPaulaTo: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.comFrom: gsirko@...: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 01:42:48 -0800Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Prayer RequestI am asking all at Slovak World to pray for my nephew Jim Sirko who lives in Longmont, CO. He has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and will be undergoing treatment for this condition in the near future. Thanks in advance for your prayers and support. God Bless You.George Sirko[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          • Edie Sando
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 9, 2009
              Dear George, prayers are going up,
              edie

              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 9, 2009
                Hi George,
                You do not know me because I usually read the slovak-world posts but
                rarely respond. When I read yours I had my daughter and myself ( and even our
                little dog, Kipper ) gather together and pray since it says in the bible that
                "wherever two or more are gathered in my Name I will be there also.." so we
                prayed that the Holy Spirit of God in Christ Jesus will stay with you and your
                son and infuse you with strength and healing and protection.
                My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer quite a few years ago and he
                is still alive at 88. He had a hospital stay and had it"reamed out'
                whatever that means...I guess hollowed out or removed part of it and he also takes
                shots if his levels get a little high. So he is still alive today after he
                has been doctoring for this condition for many years.
                Obviously every case is different but there are so many treatments - he
                even looked into freezing and other methods but went for the method above. So
                we wish you well and hope your son will heal and be free of this cancer.
                Take care, Marianne Herrmann
                steps!
                (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1218550342x1201216770/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=fe
                bemailfooterNO62)

              • Marianne Petruska
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 9, 2009
                  Will do! I recently went through a round of cancer treatment myself & am
                  grateful for all the prayers my siblings and cousins said on my behalf.

                  MARIANNE
                  On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:42 AM, George Sirko <gsirko@...> wrote:

                  > I am asking all at Slovak World to pray for my nephew Jim Sirko who lives
                  > in Longmont, CO. He has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and will be
                  > undergoing treatment for this condition in the near future. Thanks in
                  > advance for your prayers and support. God Bless You.
                  > George Sirko

                • b
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 9, 2009
                    George,
                       Praying hard here in Pennsylvania for your nephew.

                    Bonnie A. Dailey

                    I am asking all at Slovak World to pray for my nephew Jim Sirko who lives in Longmont, CO. He has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and will be undergoing treatment for this condition in the near future. Thanks in advance for your prayers and support. God Bless You.
                    George Sirko

                  • McBride, Sharon Weber R
                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 10, 2009
                      George,

                      I will certainly remember him in my prayers. Prostate cancer is very
                      curable if caught in time. I hope this is the case for your nephew.

                      On another genealogical note.......I wonder if we are related. My
                      father was John Sirko and one of his brothers was George.

                      My grandfather was also John and grandmother was Mary Faytak. They
                      lived in Christopher, Illinois with family also in Gary, Indiana.

                      It would be so wonderful for me if we had a connection.

                      Sharon Weber (McBride)
                      ConocoPhillips
                      Planning & Strategy
                      Ph: 281-293-6106
                      Fax: 281-293-4515
                      email: sharon.r.mcbride@...
                      <mailto:sharon.r.mcbride@...>

                    • George Sirko
                      Message 10 of 25 , May 21, 2010
                        We ask for your prayers for my Niece, Kathy Crocker  who lives in NJ. She will have Cancer Surgery on Wednesday May 26, 2010 at the University Of Penn Lung Center in Phila.,PA. The top portion of her right lung will be removed. She didn't smoke. We will keep you updated on her condition. Thank You and God Bless You.
                        George and Nola Sirko

                        Message 11 of 25 , May 21, 2010
                          Kathy is in my prayers, George.  And her family also, for strength & support through this difficult time.

                        • Taoz@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 25 , May 21, 2010
                            May God bless her and keep her safe.
                            Pavel

                            In a message dated 5/21/2010 3:55:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                            gsirko@... writes:

                            We ask for your prayers for my Niece, Kathy Crocker who lives in NJ. She
                            will have Cancer Surgery on Wednesday May 26, 2010 at the University Of
                            Penn Lung Center in Phila.,PA. The top portion of her right lung will be
                            removed. She didn't smoke. We will keep you updated on her condition. Thank You
                            and God Bless You.
                            George and Nola Sirko

                          • cousinjanie1004
                            Message 13 of 25 , May 21, 2010
                              Many wishes for successful surgery, speedy recovery, and blessings of a long life go out to your niece from from this Jersey Girl!!

                              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, George Sirko <gsirko@...> wrote:

                              > We ask for your prayers for my Niece, Kathy Crocker  who lives in NJ. She will have Cancer Surgery on Wednesday May 26, 2010 at the University Of Penn Lung Center in Phila.,PA. The top portion of her right lung will be removed. She didn't smoke. We will keep you updated on her condition. Thank You and God Bless You.
                              > George and Nola Sirko

                            • PAUL WOLSKO
                              Message 14 of 25 , May 21, 2010
                                George,

                                Your niece will be in our prayers. It matters not whether of not
                                she smoked - a person who is ill is ill...matters not how it occurred.

                                Paul Wolsko
                                Hopatcong, NJ

                                On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:54 AM, George Sirko wrote:

                                We ask for your prayers for my Niece, Kathy Crocker  who lives in
                                NJ. She will have Cancer Surgery on Wednesday May 26, 2010 at the
                                University Of Penn Lung Center in Phila.,PA. The top portion of her
                                right lung will be removed. She didn't smoke. We will keep you updated
                                on her condition. Thank You and God Bless You.
                                George and Nola Sirko

                                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

                              • Edie Sando
                                Message 15 of 25 , May 22, 2010
                                  prayers going up,
                                  edie
                                  Message 16 of 25 , May 23, 2010
                                    Kathy will be in my prayers on the 26th. A very good friend of mine had
                                    similar surgery two years ago with the top third of one lung removed. She
                                    has done very well. May God bless Kathy and your family.
                                    Reen

                                  • Eve Smith
                                    Message 17 of 25 , May 23, 2010
                                      My prayers and my heart go out to this person having lung surgery.

                                    • joy2002cjm
                                      Message 18 of 25 , May 23, 2010
                                        I will pray for your neice that all goes well and that the surgeons are able to remove the whole tumor, every cell. I pray that there is no reoccurrence. I pray it is not an aggressive cell type. I pray for the wisdom and knowledge of the physicians involved in her care as well as compassion in their hearts. I pray she has no complication and recovers quickly without pain. I pray for your peace and confidence in God's will and plan. May God be with you and your family always.

                                        Carolyn

                                        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, George Sirko <gsirko@...> wrote:

                                        > We ask for your prayers for my Niece, Kathy Crocker  who lives in NJ. She will have Cancer Surgery on Wednesday May 26, 2010 at the University Of Penn Lung Center in Phila.,PA. The top portion of her right lung will be removed. She didn't smoke. We will keep you updated on her condition. Thank You and God Bless You.
                                        > George and Nola Sirko

                                      • William C. Wormuth
                                        Message 19 of 25 , May 23, 2010
                                          I prayed today at the Auriesville, NY, Shrine of the North American Martyrs. and hope that the Holy spirit will give you all strength during your trying times.

                                          Keep the faith!

                                          Z Bohom,

                                          Vilo

                                          Message 20 of 25 , May 23, 2010
                                            What a beautiful prayer, Carolyn!

                                            I will pray for your neice that all goes well and that the surgeons are able to remove the whole tumor, every cell. I pray that there is no reoccurrence. I pray it is not an aggressive cell type. I pray for the wisdom and knowledge of the physicians involved in her care as well as compassion in their hearts. I pray she has no complication and recovers quickly without pain. I pray for your peace and confidence in God's will and plan. May God be with you and your family always.

                                            Carolyn

                                            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, George Sirko <gsirko@...> wrote:

                                            > We ask for your prayers for my Niece, Kathy Crocker  who lives in NJ. She will have Cancer Surgery on Wednesday May 26, 2010 at the University Of Penn Lung Center in Phila.,PA. The top portion of her right lung will be removed. She didn't smoke. We will keep you updated on her condition. Thank You and God Bless You.

                                            > George and Nola Sirko

                                          • George Sirko
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Aug 3, 2012
                                              Please Pray for my wife Nola who has a severe fracture of the Humerus of her
                                              left arm near the shoulder . They put a fixed cast on yesterday. She had just a
                                              splint on before. The cast  can be loosened and tightened as necessary but she
                                              is in constant pain.  Thank You in advance and May God Bless You All.
                                              George Sirko

                                            • Paula Fiona Alexandra Jurak

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Aug 3, 2012
                                                  On 8/3/2012 5:55 AM, George Sirko wrote:

                                                  > Please Pray for my wife Nola who has a severe fracture of the Humerus
                                                  > of her
                                                  > left arm near the shoulder . They put a fixed cast on yesterday. She
                                                  > had just a
                                                  > splint on before. The cast can be loosened and tightened as
                                                  > necessary but she
                                                  > is in constant pain. Thank You in advance and May God Bless You All.
                                                  > George Sirko

                                                  I suffered the same sort of injury to my left humerus several years
                                                  ago. Mine had to be pinned but I recovered completely with no residual
                                                  effects.
                                                  Your wife will be in my prayers this morning at Mass.

                                                  William F. Brna

                                                • marycayd@willex.com
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Aug 3, 2012
                                                    Praying for your wife & you. May she have a speedy recovery.

                                                  • woolbull@comcast.net
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Aug 3, 2012
                                                      Nola will be mentioned by name at Monday's novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary morning Mass here in tallahassee fl.