Re: Slovak/Rusyn Language Help?

  • Dennis Ragan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7 7:36 AM
      Komenius University in Slovakia offers a free online Slovak language
      learning system you may want to try. It's located at
      http://www.e.fphil.uniba.sk/login/index.php I have about six or seven
      Slovak language books, and personally I like Thomas Naughton's
      "Colloquial Slovak" the best. It comes with tapes. You can usually
      find it on eBay or Amazon. There are also some free learning materials
      developed for Peace Corps participants working in Slovakia. These are
      available at http://bohemica.com/slovak. The PDFs can be downloaded
      and printed out.

      My experience, however, is that Slovak is not easily self-learned.
      Classroom-taught Slovak is best if you have the opportunity. If you
      are lucky enough to live in the Pittsburgh area, Pittsburgh University
      offers Slovak language courses. I took all six several years ago --
      they're excellent.

      Dennis

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "ginapa222" <Gina.PhilsPhan@...>