Jaaaaanoooosiiiiiik!!!

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
      Hey all,
      I was just reading some really great papers on the Pitt Slovak page on Janosik-and then I began to wonder....

      ARE there good transcriptions of his trial published? I am not thinking that the transcripts won't be "worked over" as it was not considered in 1713 "bad manners" to give people intelligent lines that they SHOULD have said...  and this is even more the case in older histories.

      I would love to know- was he as successful as his prosecutors thought?  Did he actually study the humanities? Is it possible to find out? Are there any extant records of his studies (enrollment list???) and his "winnings?" (Inventory??)

      You should all take a look at those papers, by the way.  They are wonderfully written...

      Ben

    • pjjano@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
        be interesting to See Paul Janosik

        In a message dated 2/6/2009 1:44:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        cerrunos1@... writes:

        Hey all,
        I was just reading some really great papers on the Pitt Slovak page on
        Janosik-and then I began to wonder....

        ARE there good transcriptions of his trial published? I am not thinking that
        the transcripts won't be "worked over" as it was not considered in 1713 "bad
        manners" to give people intelligent lines that they SHOULD have said...
        and this is even more the case in older histories.

        I would love to know- was he as successful as his prosecutors thought? Did
        he actually study the humanities? Is it possible to find out? Are there any
        extant records of his studies (enrollment list???) and his "winnings?"
        (Inventory??

        You should all take a look at those papers, by the way. They are
        wonderfully written...

        Ben

        net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)