Re: [Slovak-World] Rom Songs

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2009
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ARR9HAZiA&feature=PlayList&p=0A1B4CADD93957E1&index=4

      Helene,
      there is a lot of this Romi music on YouTube. You only need to type Cigani, Romi, Gupsy. I have seen a lot of Romi language. when searching for Cymbalom Music.

      It frustrate me when our American Slovaks think that our Slovak cymbalom music is "Gypsy".

      Are you home Helene?

      Vili

      ________________________________
      From: Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@yahoo. com>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Folksongs.
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 10:00 AM

      I wish I though as much of my playing as you do! :-)
      Ben

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 5, 2009
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ARR9HAZiA&feature=PlayList&p=0A1B4CADD93957E1&index=4

        BEN,
        Especially for you.

        Vilo

      • Ben Sorensen
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 5, 2009
          HI Helene,
          I will get you a collection of some GOOD stuff- the kind that gets all the shoulders moving and everyone yelling C~AVE C~AVE!!!!
          Gimme a bit, though, I have to track it down... :-)
          Ben
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5-4If03Bok
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or71XphwlCU
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwkl87g0dkU
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZCCQyJ_Ux8&feature=related
          Have some fun!!!!!

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 5, 2009
            Well there are 174 videos of mine on YOU TUBE: http://www.youtube.com/vladi49

            You can also GOOGLE Vladi49 and find where in the world are all the
            links to them

            I have produced 93 VHS videos of Slovak folklore and culture between
            years 1989-2005

            2006 38 DVD's of FOLKLORE SONGS AND DANCES

            2007 21 DVD's of FOLKLORE SONGS AND DANCES

            2008 33 DVD's of FOLKLORE SONGS AND DANCES

            Email me for info, we can talk folklore.

            I am going to the printers soon with spring issue of SLOVAK HERITAGE
            LIVE starting our 17 year of publishing.

            You can get a free issue if you want providing you didn't get a free
            issue before.

            Send in your snail mail/

            No problem of sending PDF to anybody even to the previous recipients
            of free issue.

            I am off to Slovakia February 21, my 48th trip since 1987. Last one
            was September 2008. If you need anything, research, videos or pictures,
            email me at: vlinder49@...

            Vladi
          • Ben Sorensen
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 6, 2009