Re: [Slovak-World] [Sound of crickets]

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 3, 2009
      Pre boha, nebud smutny. :-) len rozmyslaj, aky si stastny....
      aspon ta JA lubim, Vilko!!!!!
      Ben

      From: Helen Fedor <hfed@...>
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, February 2, 2009, 1:49 PM

      < S~kareda potvora > would be (lit.) "ugly beast" or (fig.) "ugly bastard".

      On Feb 2, 2009, at 12:26 PM, William C. Wormuth wrote:
      > S~karade Potvora

      Wow, that's one I haven't heard since I was a kid! I didn't even know
      what it meant, just that it was a pretty strong insult. So what is
      it, "ugly drunk"? (Actually, I remember the words in the reverse
      order, "potvora s~kareda". Didn't even know if it was two words or
      three, pot vora s~kareda, from the way it was said.)

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@pathbridge. net