Re: [Slovak-World] Old Calendar Christmas

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 15, 2009
      Marianne:

      I once visited a Ukrainian Orthodox church in Miami for the Epiphany.  It was one of the best homilies I ever heard.  And the music was divine.

      Almost as good as the rehearsal I listened to from the street in Kosice of the Slovak National Choir.  I walked up the stairs to the rehearsal hall, but did not open the door.  I did not want to disturb or interrupt them.  But I did want to hear them more clearly.  Every creak on the stairs or the floor paralyzed me.

      I went back downstairs & listened to them from the window sill of a small shop across the street.  Thank God for open windows.

      Such a small country.  Such wonderful talent.  And such an intimate place.

      Thank you for reminding me of those two wonderful events in my life.

      Chuck