Re: [Slovak-World] Slovakia on the Inaguration

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 20, 2009
      Obama will make bread free.

      And everyone w/b happy.

      Except the bakers, that is.

      --- On Tue, 1/20/09, Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...> wrote:
      From: Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Slovakia on the Inaguration
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 8:21 AM

      I thought this was interesting- Fico, in his ever-combative style, is reminding people that Obama is not going to make bread any cheaper.  Gasparovic believes that America and Slovakia are in great standing, but it is understandable that Obama may not have time to focus on this American ally- too much to worry about at home and abroad.

      The rest of the big-boys and girls in the Slovak government range from optomistic to conditionally optomistic- i.e. IF he does this, then things will be good... ("this" ranges, of course.)

      I couldn't find a public statement from KSS :-).  I think they are still listening to radio na drote- or some other form of communist muzak....

      Here is the article in SME:

      http://www.sme sk/c/4270545/ bratislava- nebude-obamovo- mesto.html

      Laskavy Prosim,

      Ben