Re: gas from CZ Republic

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2009
      > my teacher friend in Slovakia. She said they're getting
      > oil from the Czech Republic, not from Russia.
      > Could this be likely? If so, where is it originating?

      I understand it's a typo, Lil. They've been getting natural gas since
      Sunday:

      It is natural gas from Russia channeled through a northern route
      bypassing Ukraine west and then through the Czech R. back east to
      Slovakia.

      BTW, Moscow authorized a resumption of supplies via Ukraine about 2
      hours ago. If it isn't canceled again, it should reach Slovakia in
      about a day and a half.