Re: [Slovak-World] Saturday - The Euro Takes Over/Skeeter Withdrawal

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2009
      Michelle:

      You can ask him when you get to heaven.

      Just don't hurry.  My poor heart can't stand to lose another member of this group so soon.

      Laskavy Prosim,
      Chuck

      From: Michelle Burke <mcmburke@yahoo. com>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 6:42 PM

      We all should have klobasa v ceresna v med horcica in Skeeter's honor -- but someone will have to tell me what "ceresna" and "med horcica" are.

      Rest in peace, Skeeter,

      Laskavy prosim to all,

      Michelle

      ____________ _________ _________ __

      From: fbican@... <fbican@...>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 11:35 AM

      "I am having Slovak withdrawl"

      Me too. That's why today I'm going to make klobasa v ceresna v med horcica. That sounds good on a cold day like today. When I woke up this morning, it was -13F. At the moment, it's crawled up to +5F. Good day for some "comfort food" I'd say!

      Laskavy prosim,

      Skeeter

      ------------ -- Original message from Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@yahoo. com>: ------------ --

      I have some too, but I don't think I have a "desatkorunacka" here in the States. :-)

      I just want one to carry. I am having Slovak withdrawl. (abstak!!!!) :-D

      Ben

      From: Helen Fedor <hfed@...>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 9:37 AM

      Ben,

      Let me take a look at home. I think I have a few coins in a drawer somewhere.

      >>> Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@yahoo. com> 1/16/2009 8:48 AM >>>

      HOLD ONTO THAT! Those are rare!

      Ben

      From: Gergely <gergely@visi. net>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 8:43 AM

      Somewhere around the house, I have Slovak coin from the war period, 1942, I think.

      Jack Gergely

      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@ yahoo.com>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 11:23 PM

      I have already sold then to the Aussie.

      Unless, of course, you bid higher, Ben.

      From: Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@yahoo. com>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 11:06 PM

      I would love some of the old coins before they become really scarce.

      Ben

      From: Julie Michutka <jmm@pathbridge. net>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 7:59 PM

      My husband once had a coin made into a pendant for me; I don't know if

      he had it done by a jeweler or at a coin place. Anyways, there is a

      gold band around the coin with a tiny screw connection at the top (to

      tighten the band), and then the usual little thingy above that, for

      the chain to go through. Looks nice. So, you could have pendants

      made out of the larger ones, and charms out of the smaller ones, or

      watchfobs, keychain tags, etc. Little gifts for Christmas, birthdays,

      whatever.

      Julie Michutka

      jmm@pathbridge. net