Re: New Year's Eve around the world

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Fred, et.al.--

      Thanks for sharing that. I celebrated by making some bravcove knedlicky (actually Polish pierogi). filled with pork. It was always a tradition in our house, that you had to have bravcove for New Years. The Polish butcher shop only makes them for New Years. Now I have to wait until Easter until they make sekanice again. That's another long-standing tradition, and I look forward to it.

      New Years Day was spent taking down the Christmas tree and the lights, decorations, etc. and that's how I spent my day. Now comes the long cold winter until Easter.

      BTW-- I'm I certified old-phart any more, and I was in bed by 10:30. There might have been fireworks around here, but I slept through them.

      Laskavy prosim a Stastny Novy Rok,

      Skeeter

      -------------- Original message from "Fred G" <fgkoval@...>: --------------

      New Year's Eve around the world
      Cities around the world have been greeting the start of 2009 with celebrations and fireworks.
      New Zealand and Australia staged dramatic displays from Auckland's Sky Tower and the Sydney
      Opera House.
      In Europe, crowds gathered to watch the shows in Moscow, Berlin, London and Edinburgh.

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7806554.stm

      Virginia and I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year ............... from Columbia,Maryland.