The Shop on Main Street Slovak film

  • Jesalyn Ness
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2008
      All of this discussion made me think of the wonderful
      Slovak Movie called The Shop on Main Street from 1965.
      A sad but wonderfully well written film which won the best foreign film Oscar of 1966 - has anyone else here seen that? I wound up watching that in the middle of the night on TCM - a welcome reprieve from infomercials. :)

      Jesalyn

      On Dec 1, 2008, at 8:47 AM, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

      This was made into a movie, which is available on DVD in Polish with English subtitles ("The Quack"). The basic story is that a famous doctor loses his memory and ends up in a tiny remote village, where his medical skills come back to him and he begins treating people.

      Joe