Re: Vilija Oplatki

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2008
      Michelle:

      The Benedictine Abbey in Cleveland has a nice gift shop via mail order.

      I got a wall map of Slovakia from them years ago.

      It is really big. think they still sell it too.

      Greg

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Burke <mcmburke@...> wrote:

      > And this oplatki is exactly as it came from our parish -- even the
      envelope looks the same!� (My parish was St. Benedict's on the
      southeast side -- where Benedictine and the Benedictine Abbey are )

      oplatki. I haven't had oplatki since I was a child (and that would be
      many years ago). My grandmother used to get them at the local church.
      In my limited experience (I'm only 55), some of the best things you'll
      ever eat are made by the church ladies. Klobasa, pierogi, kolachke,
      blintzes, golabki, makowiek... Seek out a church that has them. Those
      ladies from the old county put their heart and soul into making them,
      and you'll never find better.

      <greg@iarelative. com>: ------------ --