Re: [Slovak-World] My blog...

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 15, 2008
      Well, my Slovak priatel came to visit me last night, and he liked my "mini-garden". I've got the terrarium planted with salad greens, swiss chard, chives, cilantro, and some mystery vegetable (can't remember what I planted there). Oh well, it's a fun way to spend some time in the dead of winter. At the very least, I can dessicate them and add them to my spice blend (dill, huba, parslry, cibula, cierne korenie, sol.).
      -------------- Original message from Matchett <wmatchett@...>: --------------

      Zuzka, That's interesting. Brought back memories of company at my
      parent's house. Yes, the first thing was a tour of the garden. Never
      mind that the same stuff was planted year after year. But, this was
      not all Slovak tradition, when my "American" in-laws visited, they
      took a garden tour as well to see what a New York garden looked like
      as they had a Southern garden with okra, butter beans, peanuts, etc.
      Julia M.