Re: [Slovak-World] Reunion - Orlanda, FL

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
      I think we went through this whole business once before. It didn't work
      out. Timing is difficult. Some have vacations on certain dates, while
      others don't.
      At 07:50 AM 2/2/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >Ahoj Slovaci,
      >
      >Cathy has suggested Disney World in Orlando, FL as a possible
      >reunion "meeting place" for Slovak World folks.
      >
      >Although I live in Southern CA, we would travel to FL if that
      >was the site for a reunion "meeting place."
      >
      >Disney World is a pretty good suggestion?
      >
      >My suggestion: HOw about a Mediteranean 3 - 5 day cruise?
      >
      >Any more suggestions?
      >
      >jimcarl

    • Dr. Joe Q
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
        Maybe it'll work this time?

        Dr. "Q"

        --- David <humblebe@...> wrote:
        > I think we went through this whole business once
        > before. It didn't work
        > out. Timing is difficult. Some have vacations on
        > certain dates, while
        > others don't.
        > At 07:50 AM 2/2/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        > >Ahoj Slovaci,
        > >
        > >Cathy has suggested Disney World in Orlando, FL as
        > a possible
        > >reunion "meeting place" for Slovak World folks.
        > >
        > >Although I live in Southern CA, we would travel to
        > FL if that
        > >was the site for a reunion "meeting place."
        > >
        > >Disney World is a pretty good suggestion?
        > >
        > >My suggestion: HOw about a Mediteranean 3 - 5 day
        > cruise?
        > >
        > >Any more suggestions?
        > >
        > >jimcarl

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • capt jack
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
          Two years ago I proposed a Slovak-World cruise, "Sail with a Slovak". I thought it would be a great chance for us to meet each other, and share pictures, stories, ect. Unfortunatly, not enough members wished to participate so it had to be cancelled. There are some great bargins out there for cruises, so the cost wouldnt be prohibitive. I have been seeing 7 day cruises in the Carribean going for as little as 400. to 500. dollars a week! Dont forget this includes all of your meals, entertainment, cabin, and numerous activities. Naturally we would be sailing in greater comfort and fed much better than the cruise our ansestors took to get to the United STates. Im sure we can get a group rate price if we book a number of cabins. Is there any interest in this yet?

          Jim