Timrava "That Alluring Land"

  • Jerome Omasta
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2003
      Received my copy on Monday. University of Pittsburgh Press ISBN #
      0-8229-5473-7.
      Just couldn't resist thumbing through a few pages and decided to read the
      title story That Alluring Land.
      This story brought to mind my grandfather's immigration to the USA from
      Myjava, Slovakia in 1905. Although my grandfather immigrated to western
      Massachusetts to farm instead of a steel town, the emotion rings true.
      Since I leave for my third trip to Slovakia on May 19, I am going to
      save the book for reading at my cousins in Myjava. I sense the aroma of the
      air and the sounds of the rural area will enhance the reading experience
      for me.