Re: [Slovak-World] Pittsburgh Slovak Festival

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
      For what it's worth, I went to a conference at Allegheny General Hospital some years ago, and was very impressed with the hospitality and the food. I know Pittsburg has fallen on hard times, but the people there are as good as they get.

      Laskavy prosim,

      Skeeter

      -------------- Original message from "genmom4" <geismom@...>: --------------

      I want to thank you for posting the information regarding the
      Pittsburgh Slovak Festival this past weekend. My husband and I
      managed to attend part of Sunday's big event. We had not originally
      planned to make the trip, but when an unexpected family event caused
      us to make the trip, we planned to arrive early, so that we could stop
      in and see just what the festival has to offer.
      It was super! The food was hot, fresh, and quite delicious. It was
      obvious that alot of time went into the planning, and setting up for
      this event.
      You can view some of the photos, as well as video clips on my flickr
      site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrcrazy/sets/72157608649014089/
      Please feel free to let me know the names of the groups who are
      represented in the photos and video clips.
      Enjoy!
      Barbara

    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008

        Barbara, the costumes are from Helene Cincebeaux's booth.  I have a list of the performers at home -- wish I'd known you were there, I'm in the distance in one of your photos -- next to my cousins -- I'd have introduced myself and cousins to you.

        Good to see all the other regulars who I already know from this spectacular annual event.

        Caye