Re: [Slovak-World] slovakia-Moravitz

  • Colin Varga
    Message 1 of 55 , May 1, 2003
      Back in 1997 I did a search on YAHOO! for my grandparents village Jakubany,
      and at that time there were only 4 hits. Now there are hundreds. Possibly
      things might change over the course of time. You could do the research
      yourself by going to the Czech Rep. in the off season is it very
      inexpensive. With some help from a local priest or official you probably
      could find something, and if not you have had a nice trip.

      Colin

      From: "Bruce Bagin" <bagin@...>
      Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 11:25:33 -0400
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] slovakia

      Colin I followed up on that lead when I received it and was unable to find
      the information that i requested. I subsequently learned from the LOC maps
      that in 1904 Moravitz was located in what is now the Czech Republic along
      the Morava river in Bohemia. All efforts to get information regardint he
      birth of my grandmother in this area also failed. I can't afford to pay
      someone to conduct a records serach and have relied upon the goverment
      employees without success. So I have resigned myself to not knowing.

      Bruce Bagin
      312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
      412-281-1110
      FAX 412-281-8481

      Message 55 of 55 , Aug 4, 2003
        Good Capt -- we expect nothing less. Enjoy!

        Caye

        capt jack <captjack00@...> wrote:
        Ahoj,

        just a quick message to let all know that I am now in Slovakia. Im typing this on a slovak keyboard, it is a little differant and takes a bit to adjust. Spent today in Bratislava, yesterday in Tranava. Tommorrow we go to Prauge. &i am taking lots of pictures to share wit list when I return.

        Jim

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT