Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Nov 1 and 2 Pittsburgh PA - you are invited!

  • GEEE2252@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2008
      Me either but I sent it off to my cousins back In Pittsburgh.
      hugs
      Gail

      In a message dated 10/27/2008 9:25:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      floriansimala@... writes:

      Helene;

      Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend this year's Slovak
      Heritage Festival as a Mass will be said at our church this Sunday,
      All Soul's Day, for those who passed away this year including my
      mother.

      In my view, the Slovak Heritage Festival is the best Slovak event in
      the area, and perhaps the region. We have driven in from Cleveland
      for the past four or five years and have greatly enjoyed it and have
      never been disappointed. The Cathedral of learning is a great venue
      for the festival. This outstanding building enhances an already
      wonderful event of Slovak culture, entertainment, vendors, food and
      lectures. Thanks to Professor Votruba and Christine Metil for
      organizing this annual event.

      We will also miss the party the night before that Beth Kurcina
      graciously holds at her home, as well as the "private performances"
      of Jozef Ivaska and Ben Sorenson.

      Please pass on our best wishes to all, including your mom,

      Nancy & Florian

      --- In _Slovak-World@Slovak-WorldSlo_ (mailto:Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com) ,
      helene cincebeaux
      <helenezx@..h> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone -
      >
      > The annual Slovak Festival at the University of Pittsburgh next
      Sunday has scheduled <WBR>five outstanding prensentations; continuous
      folk performances, many vendors and exhibitors and super ethnic food
      and it is FREE.

      > Sun Nov 2 at the University of Pittsburgh's Cathedral of Learning
      12 noon - 5 pm

      > On Sat Nov 1 we are having a Slovak Party beginning at 4 pm -
      if you would like more info e mail Helene - everyone is invited!