Re: Frank goes west

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 4, 2008
      > the idea that Eastern Slovak and Czech had a closer resemblance
      > than Central Slovak.

      I agree, Ron, they do (from an etymological perspective, few Slovaks
      would think of them that way casually). What I wondered about was the
      source of information that some argued during the negotiations in the
      1840s (or possibly at another time) that, therefore, Eastern Slovak
      should become Standard Slovak.

      Martin
    • Martin Votruba
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 4, 2008