Re: [Slovak-World] Frank goes west

    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 3, 2008
      Maxine,
      Go to < http://www.lulu.com/kjanek > and look for _Zivot Franka
      Sakalskeho_.

      >>> "maxine" <maxine96@...> 10/3/2008 9:17 AM >>>
      Sorry to be a pest, however, I lost the Name of the book and where to
      purchase it. May I have it. thanks maxine

      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 4, 2008
        > the idea that Eastern Slovak and Czech had a closer resemblance
        > than Central Slovak.

        I agree, Ron, they do (from an etymological perspective, few Slovaks
        would think of them that way casually). What I wondered about was the
        source of information that some argued during the negotiations in the
        1840s (or possibly at another time) that, therefore, Eastern Slovak
        should become Standard Slovak.