Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Hi from a Slovak-World member

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2008
      "When I was a firefighter I was the shift cook from my shift and no one got sick or died. :)When I was a firefighter I was the shift cook from my shift and no one got sick or died. :)"

      That's really interesting. When oour local PBS TV station (www.wviz.org) was having a fundraiser, they were offering their "F is for Firehouse Meals" cookbook. I snapped it up! Firefighter cooks know how to make the good stuff, for sure. I don't know how many recipes would qualify as authentic Slovak recipes, but there's not one stinker in the whole 147 pages. You can't buy it in a bookstore, but you get it at the link above. And no, there's a lot more than just "firehouse chili". I think it was $60, but most of that was to support PBS. I don't often buy things from PBS, but this one was worth it.

      Kindest regards,

      Skeeter

      -------------- Original message from Rick Sonzella <rson6542@...>: --------------

      Hi Skeeter,
      No problem.. and thnx for the information. I learned to cook by just playing around and doing it. When I was a firefighter I was the shift cook from my shift and no one got sick or died. :)) When I went to Poprad in 2006 my friend asked me about the chocolate cake my mom makes. ( I told her about it because she bakes alot) so I made it but it came out a little flat. that is why I was asking. I think I will have to do some more research.

      Thanx

      Rick Sonzella