Re: [Slovak-World] Podrobny Auto Atlas

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 26, 2008
      Bob,

      It's a Goral wedding. It will be on October 11, but I do not have a time
      and place for it. I will be travelling to Slovakia with my paternal
      cousin who has invited me to the wedding of her sister-in-law's
      daughter. I will be staying with my cousin's family, but I don't have a
      specific location other than it will probably be in the neighborhood of
      Hladovka.

      Bill

      On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:03:57 -0500 "Robert Pollak"
      <rjp011@...> writes:
      Bill,

      What is a Goralska Svadba and where and when is it. Sounds like something
      for the Goral folks. I will be near Roznava from Oct 10 thru the 17th
      visiting with family and friends.

      Bob Pollak

      From: William F Brna <wfbrna@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 1:42 PM

      Julie,

      I must confess that I found it in the last place I looked just as your
      father's joke meant. I had spent a couple of days looking for it without
      success. Finally, I found it in the last place I looked. Had I not
      found it there, I would have kept looking. I will certainly find out
      what the latest edition of the atlas is. I need a new one, myself.

      Bill

      On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:18:31 -0400 Julie Michutka <jmm@pathbridge. net>
      writes:

      On Sep 25, 2008, at 12:27 PM, William F Brna wrote:
      > Oddly enough, I found it in the last place that I looked! Also,
      > thanks
      > for the good wishes.

      When I was little, and hunting for something, my dad would tell me
      "you'll find it in the last place you look". I thought he meant that
      I'd find it in the last place I'd *think* of looking (ie someplace
      unlikely). It was years before I realized he was making a joke--and
      stating the obvious--because one stops looking upon finding the
      object, so of course, it was in the last place I looked!

      But I'm willing to bet you mean that you looked someplace, gave up and
      posted your message, and then found the atlas in the last place you
      had (unsuccessfully) looked prior to your post.

      I'm curious to know what the current edition of the big Podrobny Auto
      Atlas is, if you happen to notice while you're there. I have the 3rd
      edition from 2000, and 6th edition from 2006.

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@pathbridge. net

      See the Internet how it was meant to be seen with Cable Internet. Click
      Here.
      http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ fc/Ioyw6i3mDL6TI
      rdAdX6oRblCZkeS1 RAZyZXMIGjodiiOY 7gzflfVGk/

      http://www.eset.com