RE: [Slovak-World] No Group Email

  • Mary
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      I received your test message.

      Mary

      -----Original Message-----
      From: William Kollar <wkollar@...> [mailto:wkollar@...]
      Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 8:05 PM
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Slovak-World] No Group Email

      I join the list early on, and received a few emails. Mostly group
      members stating that they were now in the group. Since the second day
      or so I haven't received any email from Slovak-World or any of my
      other YAHOO groups.

      I sent a test message but I didn't receive it or see it posted
      on the site.

      If this post/email makes it to the list/Group I would appreciate it
      if a couiple of the list /Group members would return an emai to the
      list and to my home email wkollar@....

      Thanks a lot.

      Ever Wonder?

      __bill kollar

    • William Kollar
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        First I would Like to thank Mary, Pat and Jan for responding to my plea for
        help.

        Apparently my posts reach the group. I sent two messages, one to the list via
        the YAHOO Group email address and the other was done as a post from the Group
        site. I was able to confirm at the group site that both messages were received
        and posted. But I didn't receive either of them in my home email inbox.

        I have checked all of my YAHOO optional settings and they seem to be set such
        that I should receive the posts/emails. I've tried about everything I can think
        of and I'm stumped at this point. I sent a email request for help to YAHOO
        support, but I'm sure the answer will take some time.

        I guess in the mean time I'll have to view the posts at the site itself.

        Thanks again !

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2003
          Bill,

          I've had the same problem with the new Slovak-World - - I can send
          and receive messages to S-W on Yahoo, but not via my regular e-mail.
          When I first signed on, I was getting the same messages on both.
          After a couple days, only Yahoo messages are coming - - sounds like
          the situation you described. Today, I received a message from Slovak-
          World/Yahoo that their system had determined there was a problem with
          messages being retunred as "undeliverable," but the problem had been
          fixed. All I had to do was to reply to their message, to fix things.
          Did you receive such a notification?

          I did reply to this message, about an hour ago, but I still haven't
          received any messages. Did this happen to you? (Maybe there just
          weren't any messages during this time period ... )

          I much prefer reading the messages on my own e-mail, rather than on
          Yahoo. It's so much faster to wade through them. So, I hope the
          problem really can be fixed.

          I suspect it may have something to so with my virus checker.

          Barbara Koeller

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William Kollar" <wkollar@s...>