Re: [Slovak-World] A sad day

  • Steve Botnovcan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      We easily forget how dangerous space flight is. A few successes lead us to
      feel comfortable. But these men and women risk their lives when they climb
      aboard a spacecraft and leave terra firma.

      I lived in central FL and watched several launches and when they were
      returning, the neighborhood would gather in the street to see the shuttle pass
      overhead and hear the "sonic boom" as it headed to the landing site.

      It will take weeks, or longer, to determine the cause of this particular
      accident. But clearly we need to update the fleet, and there is not much
      popular support for spending on NASA's needs. That's too bad, in my humble
      opinion, because we have reaped more good from the space program than any
      other gov'mt spending in the last 40 years.

      My flag has been lowered to half-staff. My heart aches for the families. I
      pray we will never suffer another loss, but I know that is too much to ask.

      Steve