Re: [Slovak-World] A sad day

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      Lowell,
      Life is so fragile. What a horrible tragedy this is. I am sorry for your
      family's personal loss in knowing some of those who died. The only possible
      comfort is in knowing that they died doing what they loved and that their
      sacrifice was one so generously made. What a loss to those left behind. May
      they be with God at this very moment. They are in so many people's prayers on
      this sad day.
      Noreen
    • Steve Botnovcan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
        We easily forget how dangerous space flight is. A few successes lead us to
        feel comfortable. But these men and women risk their lives when they climb
        aboard a spacecraft and leave terra firma.

        I lived in central FL and watched several launches and when they were
        returning, the neighborhood would gather in the street to see the shuttle pass
        overhead and hear the "sonic boom" as it headed to the landing site.

        It will take weeks, or longer, to determine the cause of this particular
        accident. But clearly we need to update the fleet, and there is not much
        popular support for spending on NASA's needs. That's too bad, in my humble
        opinion, because we have reaped more good from the space program than any
        other gov'mt spending in the last 40 years.

        My flag has been lowered to half-staff. My heart aches for the families. I
        pray we will never suffer another loss, but I know that is too much to ask.

        Steve