Re:play entire melodies on a leaf.

  • Fred G Kovalyak
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        TKrysia, would it be possible to find someone to play Slovak Music at this forthcoming Slovak Heritage Festival at Pitt this Nov ??? I have been following this subject on the Slovak World website and find it Fascinating.  I will bet many people have Not heard this done and would enjoy it as I will .
          Fred G Kovalyak
            Columbia,Md

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
           I wonder how many people would agree ???
                  FGK

        --- On Wed, 9/3/08, Joe Kovalyak

         Playing on a Leaf
        sounds like a great achievement and should be in the World Records of Guiness
        and maybe Ripley's Believe It or Not.
            Joe Kovalyak in  FL

          Krysia, would it be possible to find someone
        to play Slovak Music at this forthcoming Slovak Heritage Festival at
        Pitt this Nov ??? I have been following this subject on the Slovak World
        website and find it Fascinating.  I will bet many people have Not
        heard this done and would enjoy it as I will .

        Fred G Kovalyak
              Columbia,Md

        ---
        On Wed, 9/3/08, Julie Michutka <jmm@...>
        wrote:

        From:
        Julie Michutka <jmm@...>
        Re: [Slovak-World] today's weird question
        To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        Date:
        Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:23 AM

        On Sep 3, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Ben Sorensen wrote:

        > Most of all, look at
        the people that play entire melodies on a leaf.
        > If you have never heard this, go to Slovakia, and you will find a
        > few who can do this in central Slovakia- most famous was Jozef
        > Vyboh- a great musician. If he didn't have a pistalka nearby... a
        > leaf was just as good. He not only played melodies, but improvised
        > around them- until the leaf finally split....

        I've seen this done in Slovakia.... it was amazing.... the musician
        said it took him 2 months to learn to do it. He had been playing the
        violin earlier, and the melody he played on the leaf was just as
        intricate.

        Julie Michutka
        jmm@...

        (Yahoo! ID required)