Re: [Slovak-World] First Slovak saying of the week

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
      This sounds very familiar.

      >>> Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> 9/2/2008 2:49:06 PM >>>

      Helen, you might be able to put this into Slovak, but over the weekend my cousin used this one:

      You give him a finger, he takes a hand.

      We laughed and I told her the inch/mile American version.

      Caye

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
        Rough translation,

        "Vy davat ciel jeden prst, on vziat jeden ruka".

        I know, I'm dangerous with this little pocket translator.

        Pozdravujute prosim,

        Skeeter

        ps-- If I've messed up, please forgive me. I'm stiill learniing.
        -------------- Original message from Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...>: --------------