First Slovak saying of the week

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
      Priklady prit'ahuju
      "Example is better than precept"

    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008

        Helen, you might be able to put this into Slovak, but over the weekend my cousin used this one:

        You give him a finger, he takes a hand.

        We laughed and I told her the inch/mile American version.

        Caye

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
          This sounds very familiar.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
            Rough translation,

            "Vy davat ciel jeden prst, on vziat jeden ruka".

            I know, I'm dangerous with this little pocket translator.

            Pozdravujute prosim,

            Skeeter

            ps-- If I've messed up, please forgive me. I'm stiill learniing.
            -------------- Original message from Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...>: --------------