Re: [Slovak-World] PLAI Festival 2008 - world music, arts, many cultures

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2008
      I'm afraid I won't be able to attend this year, however,

      "You start appreciating the small yet
      very important things in life and enjoy the diversity that lies around us"

      With that, I couldn't agree with you more strongly! Where I live, there's Slovak, Bohemian, Polish, Italian, German, Greek, Ukranian, Chinese, Hebrew, Italian, English, and many other cultures. Without the cultural diversity, my life would have been greatly diminished.

      Kindest regards,

      Skeeter

      -------------- Original message from "Andreea Iager" <andreea.iager@...>: --------------

      > Dear Friends,

      We are happy to announce you that the 3rd edition of the PLAI Festival is
      going to take place in Timisoara, Romania, 12-14th of September 2008.

      This special event makes it possible for people all over the world to
      embrace diversity, in all it's forms and celebrate music, arts and
      multiculturalism.

      From Al di Meola [in 2006], Paco de Lucia, Jean Luc Ponty and Yungchen Lhamo
      [in 2007] to Mariza, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Pannonia Allstars Ska Orchestra,
      Al Jawala, Tarhana, Alvik, Hotel Palindrone for the 2008, they are all
      connected to the special vibe created at PLAI Festival. Come to see them
      and breath the air that makes your heart sing!

      35 Cultural Partners [NGOs, Cultural Institutes, Embassies] will offer
      special activities that will get you involved in the most interesting
      workshops. Come and paint, watch movies from Israel and Peru, juggle, learn
      Portuguese, plant a tree, read, sculpt, make pottery, yoga, Tai Chi, Qi
      Gong, learn to dance and so much more! You start appreciating the small yet
      very important things in life and enjoy the diversity that lies around us.

      Enjoy the world of PLAI, the world music, the organizations, the different
      cultures, the people you meet, the things your learn about, the trees, the
      air and the vibe you create with the one next to you!

      warm toughts from PLAI! we hope to meet you there!

      www.plai.ro
      www.myspace.com/plaifestival

      --
      Andreea IAGER