Pickeled Kohlrabi

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      Wish me luck! I made my pickled kohlrabi today.

      Two clean Mason jars with new lids
      1 large kohlrabi, peeled and cut up into bite-sized pieces
      1 cup of distilled white vinegar
      1 cup water
      1 Tbsp Kosher salt
      1/2 tsp of "fruit fresh" (ascorbic acid, vitamin C)
      1 tsp of my spice blend of kôpor, petržlen, cibuľa, cesnak, čierny, zafran

      I cold-packed them to keep the kohlrabi crunchy, so they'll have to sit in the fridge for a week-or-so before I can try them. I've got my fingers crossed.

      I spent large part of my life working in labs, and now my kitchen is my lab. I just love doing that.

      Kindest regards,

      Skeeter