Re: [Slovak-World] Re:Wooden Church of St. Nicholas in Beaver, PA

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 3, 2008
      Tom--

      I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. I was scared to death about chemo, but my oncologist (Dr. Gil Peleg at Ireland Cancer Center at Southwest General Health Center) gave me a conccotion of medicines, and I never got sick once. I did have to spend 7 days in the hospital for the first treatment, but got the next two on an outpatient-basis. It was cancer of the tongue. The radiation treatments were far worse. They left my teeth crumbling, and my thyroid gland in bad shape.

      As one of my cousins used to say, "Life's a bitch, and then you die". Every day that I'm still on this planet is a good day.

      I went out and looked at my little garden today, and I've got a couple of tomatoes that should be ready to harvest in the next few days. I don't know about you, but there's nothing better than home-grown tomato to me! Cooked, in salads, on burgers, etc.

      Well, I'm rambling again, as I often do. Kindest regards,

      Skeeter

      -------------- Original message from Tom Flynn <trflynn@...>: --------------

    • Paw1776
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 6, 2008
        I also posted photos of Sts. Cyril & Methodius in Mercer, PA.

        The link to their website is:

        http://www.acrod.org/New_Church.htm