Re: Dukla Pass Battle Presentation

  • ssultonia
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 2, 2008
      Hey Bill - if you ever decide to take a winter break in Florida like many "snowbirds" from
      the NE - please let us know and I'm sure we could arrange a great turnout for a
      presentation in the Tampa/Bradenton/Sarasota area!
      Cheers,
      Bill

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich" <smitko2@...> wrote:

      > Hi Fred,
      > I do all of this work for fun and the love of it, and explicitly take
      > no money, so I'll never be a "professional."
      > However, DC is a long way from Boston and I would need to have someone
      > cover a good chunk of the travel expense, I will cover the rest as
      > well as my time. If you want to advocate for that, I'd be happy to
      > support it.
      > Regards,
      > Bill
      >
      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "fkovalyak" <fkovalyak@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I agree there is a Strong Rivalry between close competitors.
      > > Also agree Pittsburgh is a First Class City ..... and it keeps
      > > getting better.
      > >
      > > Bill,have you given your Dukla Pass Battle Presentation in the
      > > Baltimore,MD / Washington DC region ? I would like to see and
      > > hear it.
      > >
      > > Fred G Kovalyak
      > > Columbia,Md
      > > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, fbican@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > For as long as I've been alive (and that's quite long) there's
      > > always been some animosity between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, mostly
      > > because of our sports teams, and that we're only 2 hours away. I'm
      > > not among them. I think Pittsburgh is a first-class city, and
      > > very-much echos the ethnic-diversity of Cleveland.
      > > >
      > > > I've been there many times, and I'd go back in a heartbeat. Good
      > > food, great beer, wonderful people, beautiful countryside. What's not
      > > to like?
      > > >
      > > > Pittsburgh is often portrayed in the news as a dying steel-mill
      > > town, but it's not. It's a wonderful city! I'll take Pittsburgh over
      > > NYC, Chicago, and dozens of other places I can think of any day of the
      > > week.
      > > >
      > > > [end of my 2-cent rant]
      > > >
      > > > Kindest regards,
      > > >
      > > > Skeeter
      > > >
      > > > -------------- Original message from "Bill Tarkulich" <smitko2@>:
      > > --------------
      > > >
      > > > Hi Gil,
      > > > Thank you for your kind thoughts. It was simply terrific to meet you
      > > > and the whole Carpatho-Rusyn Society group. What a friendly,
      > > > interesting, knowledgeable group of people.
      > > >
      > > > We had may folks outside of the CR-S and genealogy circles in
      > > > attendance.
      > > >
      > > > I was pleased and impressed with what the Pittsburgh environs had to
      > > > offer. The pirogies, church liturgy and museums were a definite
      > > > highlight. I should write up a "trip" report, as I believe a "tourist
      > > > guide to Pittsburgh" for those with immigrant ancestors would be
      > > > warranted.
      > > > It was quite interesting to see the remaining steel mills and the
      > > > commerce in coal in the towns of Homestead and Munhall and nearby. I
      > > > have never seen so many immigrant churches so tight to each other. In
      > > > one Munhall neighborhood, there are five churches within the same
      > block.
      > > >
      > > > This is all a big deal for me because my grandparents moved away from
> [...]
    • Paw1776
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 6, 2008
        I also posted photos of Sts. Cyril & Methodius in Mercer, PA.

        The link to their website is:

        http://www.acrod.org/New_Church.htm