Re: [Slovak-World] Re:Wooden Church of St. Nicholas in Beaver, PA

  • Robert Pollak
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 2, 2008
      Hi Skeeter,

      I just saw your post about think of buying a Honda Fit. I have had one for a little over a year and just love it. Almost all of my driving is in the city and I average 28 mpg. Two days a week I deliver Meals-on-Wheels and with the back seats folding down, I have a lot of room for carrying the food carriers. And I have not had a problem with it since buying it.

      Bob Pollak

      From: fbican@... <fbican@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 3:13 PM

      It is indeed a small world. I have a cousin (Nancy Hunt, nee Jadrych) living in Binghamton, NY, though I I've never gone there. Maybe someday...

      With the price of fuel being what it is, I'm sticking fairly close to home these days. It's not bad. I can get Amish-made milk and cheese, and klobasa, knockwurst, and bratwurst at a good butcher shop nearby.

      Living in Cleveland might have it's disadvantages, but good food is certainly not one of them!

      Kindest regards,

      Skeeter

      ------------ -- Original message from "Barlow, Marylea" <marylea.barlow@ udri.udayton. edu>: ------------ --

      There is also a beautiful wooden Ukranian Church in Johnson City NY

      (near Binghamton). They have a beautiful website with pictures of the

      church and a short history. There are many beautiful churches in the

      Binghamton/Johnson City/Endicott area - very rich in Slav and Eastern

      European history. I attended Holy Spirit Byzantine Catholic Church when

      I lived in Binghamton and I still get goosebumps everytime I walk in -

      all the stained glass windows, the onion domes - it's beautiful,

      mystical even - you can smell the incense and you feel surrounded by

      goodness - I can't describe it. It's probably just going home to good

      memories.

      Marylea (Bogosta) Barlow

      http://www.eset.com

    • Paw1776
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 6, 2008
        I also posted photos of Sts. Cyril & Methodius in Mercer, PA.

        The link to their website is:

        http://www.acrod.org/New_Church.htm