Pickled kohlrabi?

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      It seems to me that kohlrabi would be perfect for pickling. I found this recipe today,

      http://recipes.recipeland.com/recipes/recipe/show/Pickled_Kohlrabi_44012

      After all, kohlrabi is a member of the cabbage family, and we all like kyslá kapusta, right?

      I wandered down to the basement today, and found a 8oz Mason jar and fresh lids. I think I'll start with just one kohlrabi and see how it goes. I've got everything else I need here.

      I just love kohlrabi, always have, and thanks to my good Slovak buddy Mark, I harvested some really nice ones from my little garden.

      It just strikes me that kohlrabi would be perfect for making nálev.

      OK, maybe I'll wander back downstairs and grab a 16oz Mason jar and make an extra jar. I know I have plenty of those.

      Sounds like dobrý jedenie to me!!

      Kindest regards,

      Skeeter

    • Ben Sorensen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        Sounds great! Kysla kapusta... mnam!

        You know, the festival in Pittsburgh at the university has GREAT food!!!!  They haven't had bryndza since I have been going, but wow! Do many of you all go there?  :-D  I happen to love that festival- and travel 13 hours to get to it!

        Ben