Re: [Slovak-World] Andy Warhol would be 80 on Aug 6

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30 1:05 AM
      I did once get to see an exhibit of Warhol's art at the Cleveland Museum of Art, many years ago. I'm fairly sure he was still alive at the time, but he was not in attendance. It was interesting, to say the least.

      On another note, I see you're in Columbia, MD. I have good friends living on Ellicott City, MD, right next door, so I've been there many times. It's wonderful, pastoral countryside. I can only wonder what my ancestors must have thought when they disembarked the ship as they entered the port of Baltimore. It had to have been breathtaking.

      I believe Sisson's restaurant closed some years back. They made the best chicken & sausage gumbo I've ever had, and served it with Brewer's Art "Ozzy" Belgian Ale, the finest beer I've ever had. Both by the Baltimore Inner Harbor. I've come close to making as good a gumbo, but not the beer. Closest thing I can get to it is St. Sebastian Blond Belgian Ale, and at $7/bottle, that's only an occasional treat.

      Sorry for rambling. It's a habit I inherited from my Bohemian father.

      Kindest regards,

      --Skeeter

      -------------- Original message from Fred G Kovalyak <fkovalyak@...>: --------------

      Thought some of you might find
      this article about Andy Warhol interesting .
      My Cousin Peter Oresick from Pgh wrote it.
      Since my earlier msg didn't work lets try again ..... This time if you click on the Hyperlink below ,,,hopefully you can read the article this time !!

      Fred G Kovalyak

      .

      Google News Alert for: Oresick
      So Much Depends on a Red Soup Can http://www.popcitymedia.com/features/PeterOresick0730.aspx
      Pop City - Pittsburgh,PA,USA
      First, Peter
      Oresick, Andy's poetic biographer, discovered the iconographic Pop
      Artist as a nine-year-old perusing My Weekly Reader, the pulp newspaper for
      See all stories on this topic