travel from USA west coast to Slovakia

  • Diane Perkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2008
       I have been thinking of a possible trip to Slovakia and am wondering how one would travel from the west coast.  Would you fly west to say Japan or Russia and than Slovakia or would you have to go to NY and than Germany and than Slovakia?   Travel time and estimated cost?   Thank you in advance to all who will answer!
           Diane

    • Margo Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2008
        Diane, you don't say where you are on the west coast, and where you want to go in Slovakia.  Are there direct flights from where you are to Europe?  If so, fly to a European hub and then get a flight to Vienna.  Price varies, depending on the season of the year.  I paid between $800 and 900 (from Chicago) each time I went, during the shoulder season.  It would have been about $1,500 for last month, so I didn't go.  Go to a web site like Travelocity or comparable and put in some alternatives, e.g. LA to Vienna, and see what you get.

        The trip is worth every penny!