Cleveland Slovak Festival

  • Eve Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 16, 2008
      I just found this on the genealogy site I mentioned:

      37th Annual Slovak Festival - OH
      8/31/2008 - 8/31/2008

      Sunday August 31, 2008
      Cleveland Slovak Radio Club
      37th Annual Slovak Festival
      St. Anthony of Padua Church Hall
      6750 State Road Parma, OH
      CGSI will have a Sales Table here

    • fbican@att.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 16, 2008
        Eve--

        Thanks for posting that. I had not heard about it. St. Anthony of Padua is just a few blocks north of me. BTW, did you know that Parma, OH is considering designating part of State Rd. (from Brookpark Rd. to Ridgewood Rd.) as "Ukranian Village"? I'm not a Uke (as my grandmother used to call them), but I think it's an all-around good thing. Not Czechoslovak, but pretty close.

        Kindest regards,

        Skeeter

        -------------- Original message from "Eve Smith" <esmith93580@...>: --------------

        I just found this on the genealogy site I mentioned:

        37th Annual Slovak Festival - OH
        8/31/2008 - 8/31/2008

        Sunday August 31, 2008
        Cleveland Slovak Radio Club
        37th Annual Slovak Festival
        St. Anthony of Padua Church Hall
        6750 State Road Parma, OH
        CGSI will have a Sales Table here

      • Ginger
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 16, 2008
          Does anyone have any detailed info about this event, such as time & admission charge (if any)?  I tried the church website, but it didn't have any info on it.  I would love to go!  Thanks.
          Ginger

          ------------ -- Original message from "Eve Smith" <esmith93580@ roadrunner. com>: ------------ --

          I just found this on the genealogy site I mentioned:

          37th Annual Slovak Festival - OH
          8/31/2008 - 8/31/2008

          Sunday August 31, 2008
          Cleveland Slovak Radio Club
          37th Annual Slovak Festival
          St. Anthony of Padua Church Hall
          6750 State Road Parma, OH
          CGSI will have a Sales Table here

        • Cathie
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 17, 2008
            Try this link:
            http://blog.cleveland.com/slovakia/2007/08/annual_slovak_festival_at_p
            adu.html
            We went one year, it was hot outside and the water and beer were
            quite warm.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 19, 2009
              Thanks all, for that information. I will try to get to at least part of this. I am way on the opposite side of Cleveland. I probably have noone to go with. My friends are all Hungarian, my other side of ancestry.

            • helene cincebeaux
              Message 6 of 10 , May 19, 2009
                Dear Eve - do try to come and you won't be alone at all - when you decide what day you'd like to come (the full program is on the web site and there are some terrific offerings)  i will give you my cell phone number and meet you when you arrive and get you acquainted. It's really lots of fun as Julia wrote too and Greg. Time to celebrate being Slovak!

                helene

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 30, 2011
                  Dakujem! I hope to be there, not too far, although I am east of Cleveland and this is west of Cleveland.

                • Ron
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 3 1:22 PM
                    As a former Clevelander, I am amazed that that city (with grid streets on the east side and spaghetti streets on the west side) form such a terrible barrier for the residents! I imagine crossing the ocean for our ancestors struck less terror into their hearts than crossing that crooked Burning River does for the locals!

                    Ron
                    who emigrated from there decades ago ... ;- )

                    --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Smith" <esmith93580@...> wrote:

                    > Dakujem! I hope to be there, not too far, although I am east of Cleveland and this is west of Cleveland.

                  • Mader, Michelle A. (GRC-CHC0)
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 3 1:27 PM
                      As a current Clevelander, you have it backward. The grid streets are on the west side and the spaghetti streets on the east side :)

                      Michelle Maco Mader
                      Cleveland, Ohio USA

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 3 2:44 PM
                        ... no wonder I always got lost! ....