: Germany to Slovakia

  • Gergely
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15 10:34 AM
      Over ten years ago, we flew from Frankfurt to Budapest on MALEV, then picked up a Hertz rental we had reserved, an Escort size Ford, and drove to Kosice. Lufthansa handled the MALEV flights out of Frankfurt in the old terminal (A) back then..
      We did a lot of sightseeing through Hungary (Gergely Mtn, naturally) and were in Kosice for dinner. It was a very nice drive, about 150 miles, I think, through some nice countryside. Miles and miles of sunflowers in bloom in the fields.
      The trip and connections were virtually seamless that long ago, so should be real nice by now.
      About the only down side was driving around Slovakia with Hungarian plates.
      Jack Gergely
      Newport News

      From: Russell McCoy <mccoy4984@...>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Germany to Slovakia
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 7:15 AM

      Bill,

      Good to hear from you again and thanks for the info. I've still got
      a few months to figure it out. Ideally, I'd like to spend all my
      time in Eastern Slovakia. Hopefully, I can get there without too
      much trouble.

      Fortunately, I didn't have to go throught CRC at Benning. I did
      everything at my home post.

      Russ

      --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, "ssultonia" <ssultonia@. ..>