Re: [Slovak-World] Bach?

  • fbican@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2008
      Nick, et. al.--

      The last concert I took my late father to was a performance of Saint-Saens third Symphonie ("The organ symphony")

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._3_(Saint-Sa%C3%ABns)

      at the refurbished Severance Hall in Cleveland

      http://www.clevelandorch.com/html/Severance/SevHistory.asp

      As part of the restoration, they took the pipes out from hidden behind a wall, and put them prominently along the back wall of the stage. Dad was so thrilled, he was disappointed when it ended.

      I've also attended a number of recitals at Kulas auditorium at Baldwin-Wallace College

      http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/about/

      where they also have a fiarly good pipe organ.

      Cleveland, like most of the "rust-belt" cities, may have it's problems, but fine food and culture are not among them.

      Kindest regards,

      Skeeter

      -------------- Original message from Nick Holcz <nickh@...>: --------------