I'm Back from The Holy Land

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
      I see there is a lot of e-mail to catch up on. I had a fabulously memorable trip to The Holy Land and Constantinople (more fun than calling it Istanbul, IMHO). Once the dust settles and I have time to download my photos and create a slideshow, I'll share.

      Also, if anyone is interested in an absolutely fabulous tour guide, let me know -- I met the best.

      Caye
    • e.gernat@att.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
        From: Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...>
        >WELCOME BACK GLAD YOU HAD A SAFE JOURNEY, WILL BE LOOKING FOR MORE DETAILS EDIE

        > I see there is a lot of e-mail to catch up on. I had a fabulously memorable
        > trip to The Holy Land and Constantinople (more fun than calling it Istanbul,
        > IMHO). Once the dust settles and I have time to download my photos and create a
        > slideshow, I'll share.
        >
        > Also, if anyone is interested in an absolutely fabulous tour guide, let me know
        > -- I met the best.
        >

        > Caye

      • Ron Matviyak
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
          >>>I had a fabulously memorable trip to ... Constantinople (more fun
          than calling it Istanbul, IMHO).>>>

          Now Caye, that sounds quite a bit like hearing a Hungarian say "I had
          a fabulously memorable trip to Kassa (more fun than calling it Kosice,
          IMHO)."

          It is a grand city and the people are great and the food is a
          magnificent surprise.

          What did you mean by your comment?

          Ron

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:

          > I see there is a lot of e-mail to catch up on. I had a fabulously
          memorable trip to The Holy Land and Constantinople (more fun than
          calling it Istanbul, IMHO). Once the dust settles and I have time to
          download my photos and create a slideshow, I'll share.

          > Also, if anyone is interested in an absolutely fabulous tour guide,
          let me know -- I met the best.

          > Caye

        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2008

            Just that it is more fun to say Constantinople then Istanbul, especially when you keep hearing about Constantine when studying the history of the city -- you don't hear about any guy named Istan-Bul-o-vich.

            True, the food is amazing -- I did hear so, but like anything, until you experience it for yourself, you only can imagine it.

            Amazing to me was that most of Israel is agriculture -- they use drip irrigation -- and grow all their own fruits and vegetables. The Kibutsem are no longer communal, but they all produce enough food for themselves and to make a profit.

            Caye