RE: [Slovak-World] The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
      Claudia, thanks for the link

      Nick
    • Gergely
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
        Thank you Claudia!
        That's the article all right.
        Jack Gergely
        Newport News
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: "Claudia Medvik" <cmmedvik@...>
        To: <slovak-world@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:40 AM
        Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks

        http://nortvoods.net/rrs/siberia/czecharmy.htm

        I searched that title and got this web site. Maybe a reprint?

        claudia

        To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.comFrom: gergely@...: Sun, 29 Jun 2008
        10:22:24 -0400Subject: [Slovak-World] The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks

        I just found the reference I had mentioned previously about the Czechoslovak
        army that fought its way across Russia near the end WWI. I found this book
        is buried in the Hampton, Virginia public library. I'm not sure I could find
        it again. The book contained several writings from the Great War. I doubt if
        it exists much elsewhere, possibly the Pitt library.Here is the information
        that I copied down from the book:Book title: Source Records of the Great War
        Actually,I don't remember if "Source" was in the title, or I was referring
        to the source of the article.Book author (editor): Charles F. HorneBook
        code: V 940.3 H78 V.6 (Dewey decimal system, I assume) Sorry, no ISBN
        numberI didn't get the published date or city. Article title (s): The
        Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks The Wandering War of the "Army without a
        country"Article authors: Vladimir Nosek, Chairman Prozatimini, Thomas
        Masaryk, Robert LansingJack GergelyNewport News[Non-text portions of this
        message have been removed]

      • Curt Bochanyin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
          Jack,
          I ran across this one recently too. I think it is pretty common in
          big public libraries. It is really titled Source Records of the
          Great War. It is a big 7 volume collection and was republished
          several times. The one I used was published in 1931 by the American
          Legion

          Curt B.
          -- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gergely" <gergely@...> wrote:

          > I just found the reference I had mentioned previously about the
          Czechoslovak army that fought its way across Russia near the end
          WWI. I found this book is buried in the Hampton, Virginia public
          library. I'm not sure I could find it again. The book contained
          several writings from the Great War. I doubt if it exists much
          elsewhere, possibly the Pitt library.
          > Here is the information that I copied down from the book:
          > Book title: Source Records of the Great War Actually,I don't
          remember if "Source" was in the title, or I was referring to the
          source of the article.
          > Book author (editor): Charles F. Horne
          > Book code: V 940.3 H78 V.6 (Dewey decimal system, I assume)
          Sorry, no ISBN number
          > I didn't get the published date or city.
          > Article title (s): The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks The
          Wandering War of the "Army without a country"
          > Article authors: Vladimir Nosek, Chairman Prozatimini, Thomas
          Masaryk, Robert Lansing
          > Jack Gergely
          > Newport News

        • Gergely
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
            Here, I thought my find was unique, only to find that it is on the internet, and well preserved inlibraries.
            Great,
            Jack Gergely
            I ran across this one recently too. I think it is pretty common in
            big public libraries. It is really titled Source Records of the
            Great War. It is a big 7 volume collection and was republished
            several times. The one I used was published in 1931 by the American
            Legion

            Curt B.
            -- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gergely" <gergely@...> wrote:

            > I just found the reference I had mentioned previously about the
            Czechoslovak army that fought its way across Russia near the end
            WWI. I found this book is buried in the Hampton, Virginia public
            library. I'm not sure I could find it again. The book contained
            several writings from the Great War. I doubt if it exists much
            elsewhere, possibly the Pitt library.
            > Here is the information that I copied down from the book:
            > Book title: Source Records of the Great War Actually,I don't
            remember if "Source" was in the title, or I was referring to the
            source of the article.
            > Book author (editor): Charles F. Horne
            > Book code: V 940.3 H78 V.6 (Dewey decimal system, I assume)
            Sorry, no ISBN number
            > I didn't get the published date or city.
            > Article title (s): The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks The
            Wandering War of the "Army without a country"
            > Article authors: Vladimir Nosek, Chairman Prozatimini, Thomas
            Masaryk, Robert Lansing
            > Jack Gergely
            > Newport News

          • Julie Michutka
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
              I love www.worldcat.org. You can search for a book/author, and it
              will pop up libraries all over the world that have that title. You
              can also create a free account and keep book lists there.

              Searching WorldCat a while back for Slovak related titles, I got the
              expected many hits at UPitt's library, but to my surprise a number of
              titles showed up nearby at Boston College (which has open stacks and
              free parking).

              Definitely a site to keep bookmarked!

              Julie Michutka
              jmm@...

              > Here, I thought my find was unique, only to find that it is on the
              > internet, and well preserved inlibraries.
              > Great,
            • Ben Sorensen
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
                I can't get it to work!!!! is that the right address???
                Ben

                jmm@pathbridge. net

                > Here, I thought my find was unique, only to find that it is on the
                > internet, and well preserved inlibraries.
                > Great,

              • Ben Sorensen
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
                  Forget that... when I did copy and paste, it didn't work. I wrote it by hand ( I am soooo lazy) and it went thru. Now I am having fun...
                  Ben