RE: [Slovak-World] The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks

  • Claudia Medvik
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
      http://nortvoods.net/rrs/siberia/czecharmy.htm

      I searched that title and got this web site. Maybe a reprint?

      claudia

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.comFrom: gergely@...: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:22:24 -0400Subject: [Slovak-World] The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks

      I just found the reference I had mentioned previously about the Czechoslovak army that fought its way across Russia near the end WWI. I found this book is buried in the Hampton, Virginia public library. I'm not sure I could find it again. The book contained several writings from the Great War. I doubt if it exists much elsewhere, possibly the Pitt library.Here is the information that I copied down from the book:Book title: Source Records of the Great War Actually,I don't remember if "Source" was in the title, or I was referring to the source of the article.Book author (editor): Charles F. HorneBook code: V 940.3 H78 V.6 (Dewey decimal system, I assume) Sorry, no ISBN numberI didn't get the published date or city. Article title (s): The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks The Wandering War of the "Army without a country"Article authors: Vladimir Nosek, Chairman Prozatimini, Thomas Masaryk, Robert LansingJack GergelyNewport News[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
        Claudia, thanks for the link

        Nick
      • Gergely
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
          Thank you Claudia!
          That's the article all right.
          Jack Gergely
          Newport News
          I searched that title and got this web site. Maybe a reprint?

          claudia

          To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.comFrom: gergely@...: Sun, 29 Jun 2008
          10:22:24 -0400Subject: [Slovak-World] The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks

[...]

        • Curt Bochanyin
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
            Jack,
            I ran across this one recently too. I think it is pretty common in
            big public libraries. It is really titled Source Records of the
            Great War. It is a big 7 volume collection and was republished
            several times. The one I used was published in 1931 by the American
            Legion

            Curt B.
            -- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gergely" <gergely@...> wrote:

            > I just found the reference I had mentioned previously about the
            Czechoslovak army that fought its way across Russia near the end
            WWI. I found this book is buried in the Hampton, Virginia public
            library. I'm not sure I could find it again. The book contained
            several writings from the Great War. I doubt if it exists much
            elsewhere, possibly the Pitt library.
            > Here is the information that I copied down from the book:
            > Book title: Source Records of the Great War Actually,I don't
            remember if "Source" was in the title, or I was referring to the
            source of the article.
            > Book author (editor): Charles F. Horne
            > Book code: V 940.3 H78 V.6 (Dewey decimal system, I assume)
            Sorry, no ISBN number
            > I didn't get the published date or city.
            > Article title (s): The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks The
            Wandering War of the "Army without a country"
            > Article authors: Vladimir Nosek, Chairman Prozatimini, Thomas
            Masaryk, Robert Lansing
            > Jack Gergely
            > Newport News

          • Gergely
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
              Here, I thought my find was unique, only to find that it is on the internet, and well preserved inlibraries.
              Great,
              Jack Gergely
              I ran across this one recently too. I think it is pretty common in
              big public libraries. It is really titled Source Records of the
              Great War. It is a big 7 volume collection and was republished
              several times. The one I used was published in 1931 by the American
              Legion

              Curt B.
              -- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gergely" <gergely@...> wrote:

              > I just found the reference I had mentioned previously about the
              Czechoslovak army that fought its way across Russia near the end
              WWI. I found this book is buried in the Hampton, Virginia public
              library. I'm not sure I could find it again. The book contained
              several writings from the Great War. I doubt if it exists much
              elsewhere, possibly the Pitt library.
              > Here is the information that I copied down from the book:
              > Book title: Source Records of the Great War Actually,I don't
              remember if "Source" was in the title, or I was referring to the
              source of the article.
              > Book author (editor): Charles F. Horne
              > Book code: V 940.3 H78 V.6 (Dewey decimal system, I assume)
              Sorry, no ISBN number
              > I didn't get the published date or city.
              > Article title (s): The Odyssey of the Czecho-Slovaks The
              Wandering War of the "Army without a country"
              > Article authors: Vladimir Nosek, Chairman Prozatimini, Thomas
              Masaryk, Robert Lansing
              > Jack Gergely
              > Newport News

            • Julie Michutka
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
                I love www.worldcat.org. You can search for a book/author, and it
                will pop up libraries all over the world that have that title. You
                can also create a free account and keep book lists there.

                Searching WorldCat a while back for Slovak related titles, I got the
                expected many hits at UPitt's library, but to my surprise a number of
                titles showed up nearby at Boston College (which has open stacks and
                free parking).

                Definitely a site to keep bookmarked!

                Julie Michutka
                jmm@...

                > Here, I thought my find was unique, only to find that it is on the
                > internet, and well preserved inlibraries.
                > Great,
              • Ben Sorensen
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
                  I can't get it to work!!!! is that the right address???
                  Ben

                  jmm@pathbridge. net

                  > Here, I thought my find was unique, only to find that it is on the
                  > internet, and well preserved inlibraries.
                  > Great,

                • Ben Sorensen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008
                    Forget that... when I did copy and paste, it didn't work. I wrote it by hand ( I am soooo lazy) and it went thru. Now I am having fun...
                    Ben