Re: Czechs & World to Demonstrate

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
      Thanks for your concern, Maxine. The event is past and I haven't
      heard anything more about it. I was sent the original information in
      an email from a niece and thought it might be of interest to someone
      among the almost 500 Slovak-World participants.

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "maxine" <maxine96@...> wrote:

      > Ron, YOU are off topic! Who is interested in why the Czech people
      are doing these things. Now if it was some kind of history, or
      records, etc. that could be helpful to all of us, that is another story.

      > However, it seems that no one can say anything to you without you
      jumping down their throats and being quite unfair and nasty to them.
      You belittle them. That I believe is wrong. I have seen this all to
      often with you. It seems to be your way or watch out! Please try to
      show some respect to the other members who have every right to
      express their feeling without you playing "king" of the forum. maxine

      http://nenasili.cz/en/1527_video-message-from-jan-tamas-lets-expand-our-protest

      > > To give even more force to this great nonviolent protest, we are
      > > launching a Worldwide 1-Day Hunger Strike on June 22nd proposing to
      > > everyone a simple but significant gesture: let’s not eat for
      > one day
      > > to oppose Star Wars and say to the world powers: “Stop
      > feeding the war
      > > machine and start feeding the people!”
      > >
      > > It’s scandalous that one thousand million dollars are
      > destined to
      > > military spending, when with different choices this money could
      solve
      > > the problems of hunger, lack of education and the environment.
      > >
      > > In the site:
      > > http://nenasili.cz/en/1494_worldwide-hunger-strike-22th-june-2008
      > > whoever would like to participate on the 22nd June can send their
      > > photo and write a brief comment.
      > >
      > > If you’d like to organise something in your city or to
      > subscribe to
      > > the campaign and for more information:
      > > http://nenasili.cz/en/1504_contacts-us
      > > http://nenasili.cz/en/1081_campaign-in-the-world
      > >
      > > In Italy, Giorgio Schultze started a hunger strike on the 1st of
      June

      http://www.humanisteurope.org/europeanhumanistforum/download/English/Newsletter/newsletter1_ENGLISH.pdf

      http://nenasili.cz/en/1481_world-wide-hunger-strike-on-june-22-building-in-the-us