Re: [Slovak-World] Made me think of an old expression

  • Mwisbach@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2008
      I rarely post but have enjoyed reading the emails about old expressions and
      growing up with Slovak influences in our lives.

      I hope I'm not duplicating but an expression my Slovak/Rusyn mother often
      used was, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." It says so much in so few
      words. Now I tell my kids!

      Mary,
      from Boston