Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Budapest Pics

  • George Sirko
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2008
      I worked with a Man who had a saying about seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. "When I see a light at the end of the tunnel I think I am about to be run over by an oncoming Train"
      George Sirko

      Russell McCoy <mccoy4984@...> wrote:
      Hey, Bill:

      Actually, I'm a DOD civilian not a contractor so I don't know what
      happens with them. They used to send us to both the locations you
      mentioned below, but stopped for some reason. Now, we do everything
      at my permanent station.

      I really envy you your trip. Please share with us when you get back.

      Russ

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "ssultonia" <ssultonia@...>
      wrote:

      > Russ,
      > Off-topic but I'm curious. Is your pre-deployment training done
      at Fort Benning or Fort
      > Bliss? I work a contract that deploys civilian contractors and
      they go through a weeks
      > worth of training at Fort Benning. When we started in 2005 it was
      at Fort Bliss (the
      > margharitas are much better there than in GA.) No firearms
      however. Good luck to you on
      > your tour of duty.
      > In early September my wife and I will be in Slovakia for a
      week. We'll be staying in
      > Spisska Nova Ves and I'll be retracing some steps from our first
      visit in 2006. Your
      > pictures of Betliar Manor were great. I'd like to visit there
      time permitting.
      > R/Bill
      >
      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Russell McCoy" <mccoy4984@>
      wrote:

      > > Hi, everyone!
      > >
      > > I'm so happy that I finished all my 'military' training prior to
      > > departure. On Thursday, I had 'CBRNE' training which entailed
      > > learning how to use one's gas mask and assorted equipment. I
      had
      > > already learned how to do this a long time ago in the army, but
      the
      > > equipment had changed. It wasn't bad at all especially because
      it was
      > > held inside. Anyway, I can see the light at the end of the
      tunnel now.

      > > I think I understand the logic. They want to make people so
      miserable
      > > before they go overseas that the war will seem like an
      improvement!

      > > Well, here are some pics from Budapest. I know it's not
      Slovakia, but